This October, NIKA’s staff and friends of the firm are coming together to help fight breast cancer! We want to help Susan G. Komen save lives and end breast cancer forever, so we created our own fundraiser. We’re taking our first step towards a world without breast cancer by raising funds to stop this disease that affects 1 in 8 women during their lifetime. As the world’s largest and most impactful breast cancer organization, Susan G. Komen supports more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit, while providing real-time help to those facing the disease.
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
NIKA will be matching all donations made by employees through this fundraising drive.
Please join us in our efforts by making a donation online with your debit or credit card. DONATE NOW!
Thank you for helping us raise money in support of ending breast cancer forever!