design your future.
engineer your success.
Architect – Rockville, MD, US
Department: Creative Lab
Location: Rockville, MD, US
WANTED: Vision. Creativity. Curiosity.
If you’re an architect with a desire contribute to unique projects and build your career, we want to know more about you!
The NIKA Creative Lab has immediate opportunities for qualified architects in the DC Metro area who will support government and healthcare architecture projects while honing their craft and further developing their career.
The NIKA Creative Lab is a unique architectural design and research studio working to solve real-world problems through innovation. Our creative team understands that architecture is about more than just aesthetics. Rather, our approach puts people first, focusing on the impact of the physical structure on its inhabitants. Different from the conventional A+E work studio, the NIKA Creative Lab is an incubator for fostering out-of-the-box ideas and fresh perspectives that will enrich our world.
As a member of this creative team, you’ll prepare conceptual designs, complete production of construction documents, perform site surveys, and assist in the presentation of materials, among other duties.
At NIKA you’ll be excited to come to work each day. The position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks. Our convenient suburban office boasts an on-staff barista, pool table, well-stocked kitchen, free parking, and much more.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited college/university
- 5-8 years of architectural experience
- Strong Revit & AutoCAD experience
- Sketchup & Photoshop experience
- Experience producing architectural design and construction drawings (incl. details, elevations, sections, etc.), and assisting in material selection and specifications
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members in other disciplines (MEP)
- Experience assisting in construction administration (RFI & submittal review)
- Ability to perform site visits to verify existing conditions and ensure that work is completed in compliance with scope, regulations, etc.
- Federal and/or federal healthcare experience preferred
- LEED Certification desirable, or experience in LEED design principles
- Experience with non-traditional contract vehicles such as design/build preferred
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in open studio environment
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Must be capable of obtaining and holding a Department of Defense security clearance
- Available to travel up to or approximately six times a year
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.