design your future.
engineer your success.
BI Developer – Falls Church, VA, US
Falls Church, VA, US
Construction Quality Manager
Oak Harbor, WA, US
Database Sustainment Specialist
Database Sustainment Specialist I
Hurlburt Field AFB, FL, US
Medical Facility Planner
Falls Church, VA, US
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Quality Control Manager (QCM)
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Senior Human Resources Manager
Rockville, MD, US
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Sr. Fire Protection Engineer, P.E.
San Antonio, TX, US
Location: Falls Church, VA, US
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER
Are you a talented technologist with a knack for turning complex data into actionable insight? If you’re a creative thinker who understands the unique and important connection between data and business, we want to talk to you!
As a Business Intelligence Developer at NIKA, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining BI platforms by leveraging your skills with the Tableau and/or Microsoft BI suite. You’ll create reports to communicate business metrics and assist power users with creating their own.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post in 2017, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
If you’re excited about a position that provides you the opportunity grow your career in a fast-paced environment and work alongside some of the most innovative and eclectic professionals in the industry, apply today!
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Develop standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements.
- Extracting, transforming, analyzing, visualizing, and presenting data from diverse business areas in novel and insightful ways to enable business executives to take informed action.
- Maintain business intelligence models to design, develop and generate both standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Generate reports for internal and external customers for business performance monitoring and business decision making.
- Work with Project Manager in developing and executing project plans within assigned schedule and timeline.
- Manage new report generation and report enhancement based on the change requests.
- Perform data warehouse design and modelling according to established standards.
- Determine business intelligence and data warehousing solutions to meet business needs.
- Ensure to generate and deliver quality reports to customers in timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and resolve data reporting issues in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to data aggregation strategy for reporting, dashboards, and self-service analytics
- Perform quality assurance checks on new or enhanced reports.
- Recommend improvements to provide optimum reporting solutions.
- Supporting business users on answering complex business questions via Tableau and ad-hoc SQL queries.
- Stay updated with business operations and business intelligence processes.
- Conduct training programs and knowledge transfer sessions to junior developers when needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad set of business economic, intelligence and analytic techniques
- Expert knowledge of any common structured query language programs is acceptable
- Expert Knowledge of SQL queries, ability to read and write highly complex SQL statements
- 5+ years of experience in BI Development
- Advanced scripting and ETL, data modeling and working with large data sets
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Use SQL Server Management Studio to create tables, stored procedures, functions, and other objects using T-SQL.
- Use SSIS to extract, load, and transform data.
- Use SSAS to create cubes and adapt existing cubes.
- BI Software
- Expert knowledge of any common business intelligence application is acceptable (Power BI or Tableau most preferred)
- Strong understanding of Tableau Architecture required to perform effectively
- Strong understanding of Tableau Server implementation & administration processes and best practices
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau
- Knowledge of the best practices for implementation and integration of Tableau.
- Design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down Menu options, Parameterized and Linked reports, Local and Global filters, context filters using Tableau desktop
- Generate tableau dashboards with Tree Maps, Geo Maps, Stack Bars, Line Graphs, Histograms, Pie Charts, Donut charts, Heat Maps, Scatter Plots for showing Trends with Dual Axis
- Develop various reportdashboard using grouping, sorting, filtering, ranking and ordering the data and using Tableau reports for various analysis Top – N Analysis, Comparative Analysis, SystemsSources GAP Analysis, Trend Analysis
- Experience with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics
- Experience gathering and refining requirements, interviewing business users to understand and document data requirements
- Confidence in communicating complex topics to the team through both written and oral communications
- Ability to interact with users and understand their requirements
- Strong attention to detail, documenting business and technical requirements based on user interviews
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and holding a Department of Defense security clearance
NIKA is revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture, services all under one roof, we are able to provide unparalleled value to our clients. With nearly two decades of experience serving organizations across the world, NIKA provides exceptional client service that is designed to enhance operational excellence and readiness while meeting mission objectives.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.