design your future.
engineer your success.
Construction Manager – Augusta, GA, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Augusta, GA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Construction Manager to provide on-site support services at the Gordon Blood Donor Center in Fort Gordon, Georgia! You will be part of the project management team overseeing construction of military medical facilities through HFPO.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of Construction Management experience within government facilities and/or healthcare facilities required
- Responsible for providing general and medical-specific technical advice, constructability support and information, to ensure projects meet required standards.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the facility staff during construction, transition, commissioning, outfitting, turnover and decommissioning associated with projects.
- Review design, specifications for building and facility operational/ functional systems.
- Review and provide comments to government personnel on contractor submittals and schedules, and other project-related documentation and plans.
- Review and coordinate response to user requested engineering change proposals (ECP’s); in conjunction with subject matter experts validate ECPs against Design Intent, Basis of Design and Concepts of Operations as applicable.
- Review RFIs and construction contract modifications for potential impact on the functionality of the building, and consistency with Design Intent, the Basis of Design and Concepts of Operations as applicable.
- Coordinate with PgM/PM to ensure engineering changes are reflected in future transition processes such as training, Concept of Operation implementation, and Movement Planning.
- Coordinate engineering support reviews for specialized medical/laboratory equipment with parent facility staff, HFPO/HFPA support staff and subject matter experts.
- Participate in user-representative oversight of the USACE QA/QC program, in coordination with the PgM/PM, via regular interface/discussions with USACE QA personnel including field inspections.
- Maintain current knowledge and advise PM/PgM or government representative concerning USACE QA/QC procedures, requirements, standards and practices.
- Assist in review of any Value Engineering proposals.
- Coordinate with HFPO IT Planning support and USACE concerning interpretation/execution of IM/IT/Low Voltage System design including engineering support for follow-on contracts.
- Provide technical engineering advice on laboratory unique systems, applications, and functions.
- Identify and track construction engineering specific issues, ensuring they are coordinated and resolved to a successful conclusion.
- Assist PM/PgM or other government representative to develop, coordinate, and process project-related engineering change proposals (ECPs) to ensure valid user requirements are integrated into the projects’ end state.
- Participate in coordination and execution of commissioning plan, coordinating with parent facility staff and HFPA/HFPO subject matter experts to ensure appropriate involvement in the process.
- Participate in Red Zone meetings and building acceptance process including punch-out inspections.
- Coordinate with the parent facility staff, HFPA/HFPO subject matter experts and USACE to ensure O&M training, O&M manuals, warranties, As-Built drawings, etc. are scheduled, developed, reviewed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist in coordination and conduct of inspections, tests, verifications, and certifications.
- Participate in meetings and teleconferences, and coordinate associated actions as required by PgM/PM or designated government representative.
- Provide recurring project-related reports, presentations and documentation as required by PM/PgM or designated government representative.
- Coordinate schedules and report progress on a weekly basis with the PM/PgM or their designated representative.
- Provide proposed response recommendations and review comments for subsequent release to the construction contractor.
- Assist in development and maintenance of an Integrated Master Schedule for the project(s).
- Assist in development of maintenance plans for post-occupancy sustainment of facilities.
- Current experience and technical knowledge of methods and procedures affecting Army research laboratory facility engineering and construction including applicability of laws, regulations, methods, procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Project Management principles, tools and techniques recognized by the industry to successfully complete a project:
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, research laboratory engineering and construction.
- Knowledge of general principles of architecture, engineering, design, and construction of research laboratory facility building system components and their inter-relationships.
- Experienced in interpretation of government, industry, and accreditation standards and criteria including space planning, life safety, anti-terrorism, indoor air quality, patient privacy, sustainability and others related to research laboratory facilities.
· Current experience and knowledge of total building commissioning, U.S. building codes and standards, DoD and Army Regulations, The Joint Commission (TJC) , National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other regulatory and research laboratory standards.
· Knowledge of DoD and Army policies and procedures including contracting functions, USACE QA process, and risk management.
· Experienced in use of computer programs and tools that speed and improve project execution including data and documentation use and management, to include drawings, specifications, schedules, and estimates.
· Experienced in use of CADD.
· Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Project, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Strong inter-personal skills to work effectively with project stakeholders.
- Experienced with reviewing and interpreting basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications, engineering calculations, RFIs, etc.
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.