design your future.
engineer your success.
Construction Quality Manager – Fort Irwin, CA, US
Construction Quality Manager
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Fort Irwin, CA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Construction Quality Manager to provide on-site project support services at Weed Army Community Hospital (WACH) at Fort Irwin, CA!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining architecture and engineering, enterprise technologies, and facilities operations management services all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
This support will include but is not limited to:
- The contractor shall perform on-site CQM services at WACH.
- Gathers input from the facility manager.
- Makes field surveys to investigate existing layouts and conditions, and reports to COR or other appropriate Government officials.
- Ensures conformance with NFPA codes, JCAHO standards, safety standards, and other agency criteria.
- Coordinates with facility infection control officers to insure compliance. Coordinates with facility safety officers to implement effective safety policies.
- Reports compliance issues to COR or other applicable Government official for action by the Government.
- Monitors construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations to COR for Government action.
- Provides timely coordination with hospital staff to ensure proper reviews and notification of projects and utility outages.
- Is present at utility outages to provide engineering and contractor support.
- Attends and participates in pre-construction, staff, in-progress-reviews, and other project-related meetings, and provides reports to COR or appropriate Government officials.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities, Logistics, Med Maintenance, the construction contractor, Regional Facilities staff, DPW PM Staff, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff.
- Collateral duties also include the execution of discrete QA functions, as necessary, in support of COR and other appropriate Government officials.
- This support will include but is not limited to: review schedules, work performance quality, safety oversight, coordination effectiveness, and perform documentation reviews for COR for all repair and construction work in progress or in planning stages at above-referenced facility.
- Participates in final on-site inspections of completed work and makes recommendations to the COR for corrective action, if necessary.
- Additionally, the individual shall attend and participate in facility meetings, to include environment of care, space utilization, and facility update meetings.
Education and Additional Skills
- Associate’s Degree in related field required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Construction Quality Management experience within medical and/or medical federal facilities
- Must be eligible for DoD security clearance; active Public Trust or higher clearance desired
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.