design your future.
engineer your success.
Construction Quality Manager – San Diego, CA, US
Construction Quality Manager
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: San Diego, CA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Construction Quality Manager to provide on-site project support services at Naval Medical Center San Diego in California!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of Construction Quality Manager experience within government facilities and/or healthcare facilities required
- This support will include but is not limited to:
- evaluate schedules
- work performance quality, safety oversight, and coordination effectiveness
- perform documentation reviews for all repair and construction work in progress or in planning stages at above-referenced facilities,
- reports to COR or other appropriate Government officials
- Ensures conformance with NFPA codes, TJC standards, safety standards, and other agency criteria.
- Coordinates with facility infection control officers to insure compliance.
- Coordinates with facility safety officers to implement effective safety policies.
- Reports compliance issues to COR or other applicable Government official for action by the Government.
- Monitors construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations to COR for Government action.
- Review project schedules, logs, reports from construction contractors and assist in the resolution of work coordination problems and report to appropriate Government officials.
- Shall meet, at a minimum, daily with on-site contractors performing construction and adhere to the requirements of all USACE Quality Assurance Engineering Regulations, including but not limited to ER-1180-1-6 and all BUMED guidance on QA reporting.
- Assist in coordinating utility outages and connections and be present during outages to provide support.
- Work directly with NMCSD Project Managers.
- Attends and participates in pre-construction, staff, in-progress-reviews, and other project-related meetings, and provides reports to COR or appropriate Government officials.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities Engineering staff, hospital Operations& Maintenance staff, the construction contractor, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff.
- Be prepared to provide a written weekly report to government officials in order to apprise them of project status, as necessary.
- Experience involving building projects of Type I or Type II construction as an architect’s, engineer’s, owner’s, local building officer’s, or general contractor’s representative in technical inspection or inspection supervision highly desired
- Hospital experience preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills. Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.