design your future.
engineer your success.
Construction Quality Manager – Watervliet, NY, US
Construction Quality Manager
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Watervliet, NY, US
NIKA is hiring for a Construction Quality Manager to provide on-site project support services at Watervliet Arsenal Occupational Health Center, in New York!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of Construction Quality Manager experience within government facilities and/or healthcare facilities required
- The contractor shall perform on-site QA services at Watervliet Arsenal Occupational Health Center with primary place of duty designated as Guthrie Army Health Clinic, Ft. Drum, NY.
- In order to address parent command imperatives, allow positive situational awareness of the progress of assigned tasks from Guthrie Army Health Clinic at Ft. Drum, and receive credentials necessary to operate in the greater Ft.
- Drum medical environment, the contractor shall commute from Ft. Drum on a weekly basis.
- The contractor shall also This support will include but is not limited to: evaluate schedules, work performance quality, safety oversight, coordination effectiveness, and perform documentation reviews for all repair and construction work in progress or in planning stages at above-referenced facilities, and reports to COR or other appropriate Government officials.
- Ensures conformance with NFPA codes, JCAHO standards, safety standards, and other agency criteria. Coordinates with facility infection control officers to insure compliance.
- Coordinates with facility safety officers to implement effective safety policies.
- Reports compliance issues to COR or other applicable Government official for action by the Government.
- Monitors construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations to COR for Government action.
- The contractor shall meet, at a minimum, daily with on-site contractors performing construction and adhere to the requirements of all USACE Quality Assurance Engineering Regulations, including but not limited to ER-1180-1-6 and all MEDCOM guidance on QA reporting.
- Is present at utility outages to provide engineering and contractor support.
- Attends and participates in pre-construction, staff, in-progress-reviews, and other project-related meetings, and provides reports to COR or appropriate Government officials.
- The contractor shall coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities, Logistics, Med Maintenance, the construction contractor, Regional Facilities staff, DPW PM staff, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff.
- The contractor shall be prepared to provide a written weekly report to government officials in order to apprise them of project status, as necessary.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills. Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.