design your future.
engineer your success.
Electrical Engineer, P.E. – Rockville, MD, US
Electrical Engineer, P.E.
Location: Rockville, MD, US
Ever seen this formula? A+I (C+B) = JH
Autonomy plus innovation combined with great compensation and benefits equals JOB HAPPINESS. In other words, NIKA knows the right formula for career satisfaction!
This is an exciting opportunity for an electrical engineer with proven experience in electrical design, power, lighting, low-voltage, communications, and related systems. Working out of our Rockville, MD office, you’ll lead a variety of challenging engineering projects involving design, analysis, specification, testing, and modification of electrical systems. As a member of our dynamic Engineering division, your work will be integral to the success of some of our nation’s most complex facilities, including hospitals, government buildings, and other interesting projects. This growing division is focused on innovation, collaboration, and vision, and we’re looking for like-minded professionals to grow with us!
At NIKA you’ll be excited to come to work each day. The Electrical Engineer (P.E.) position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks. Our convenient suburban office boasts an on-staff barista, pool table, well-stocked kitchen, free parking, and much more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of eight years of experience in electrical design
- Professional Engineering registration required
- Experience with electrical power, lighting, low-voltage, communications, and related systems
- Experience with emergency generators and physical plant systems
- Ability to review design and construction submittals, troubleshoot systems, and assist project managers and quality assurance personnel
- Experience in equipment selection and specification
- Experience in construction administration, drawing review, response to requests for information
- Experience performing site visits and technical verifications
- Ability to perform field analysis and develop associated reports and presentations
- Experience with non-traditional contract vehicles such as design/build
- Federal and/or federal healthcare experience preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills; strong organizational skills
- AutoCAD experience and/or experience with Revit required
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to present clear and technically sound engineering strategies
- Ability to multi-task, including directing staff, mentoring other engineers, producing documents, and coordinating with other trades
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with clients
- Proficiency with the following considered a plus:
- LEED Certification
- Certified low-voltage designer
- Lighting design experience
Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and holding a Department of Defense security clearance
Approximately 10% domestic travel
NIKA is revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture, services all under one roof, we are able to provide unparalleled value to our clients. With nearly two decades of experience serving organizations across the world, NIKA provides exceptional client service that is designed to enhance operational excellence and readiness while meeting mission objectives.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.