design your future.
engineer your success.
IM/IT Analyst – Bethesda, MD, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Bethesda, MD, US
NIKA has an exciting opportunity for an IM/IT Support Analyst who will be providing on-site services for the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, MD!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Technology required
- 5-10 years of experience in IM/IT systems engineering, LAN and WAN network infrastructure design, configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting; telecommunications practices, protocols, and principles
- The ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Expertise with Low voltage healthcare/ medical research systems – how they operate, how their design affects their function, and what the key considerations are when using each possible component.
- Understanding of the application of low-voltage and communications equipment, logic circuits, and the development of schematics.
- Understanding of design for outdoor and indoor cable plant (including communication rooms, cable tray, cabling, conduit, and grounding).
- Understanding of design of medical/ medical research facility low voltage systems (e.g. CCTV, nurse call, access control and alarm systems, infant abduction, etc.).
- Experience with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications, calculations, SOPs.
- Experience with standard materials and methods of construction and understanding of basic work processes related to IM/IT and low voltage systems design.
- Experience with DoD Certification & Accreditation process to include Risk Management Framework (RMF) formally called Defense Information Assurance and Certification Process (DIACAP) and Certificate of Net worthiness (CON)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and Ten Gigabit Ethernet is required.
- Technical review of contract documents, drawings, specifications, submittals, Requests for Information (RFI) and other materiel / plans related to project IM/IT and Low voltage systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Strong inter-personal skills to work effectively with project stakeholders.
- Familiarity with healthcare and/or federal healthcare facilities are key.
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.