design your future.
engineer your success.
Jr. Fire Protection Engineer – Rockville, MD, US
Jr. Fire Protection Engineer
Location: Rockville, MD, US
NIKA has an exciting opportunity for a Jr. Fire Protection Engineer working out of our Rockville, MD office! As a member of our dynamic Engineering division, your work will be integral to the success of some of our nation’s most complex facilities, including hospitals, government buildings, and other interesting projects. You’ll have the chance to work under the tutelage of other great engineers and apply what you’ve learned to real-world projects. This growing division is focused on innovation, collaboration, and vision, and we’re looking for like-minded professionals to grow with us!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks. Our convenient suburban office boasts an on-staff barista, pool table, well-stocked kitchen, free parking, and much more.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in Fire Protection Engineering
- 1-2 years of fire protection engineering experience preferred
- Expertise in fire protection systems (suppression, detection and water supply)
- Evaluating existing fire protection program elements
- Troubleshooting existing impairments
- Performing system tests and walkdowns/inspections
- Developing Fire Protection Engineer/Cognizant System Engineer training/qualification processes
- Evaluating and improving facility and system conditions
- Strong verbal/written communication skills; strong organizational skills
- AutoCAD experience and/or experience with Revit required
- Federal and/or healthcare experience preferred
- Analytical experience preferred; design experience desired
- Ability to present clear and technically sound engineering strategies
- Ability to multi-task, including directing staff, mentoring other engineers, producing documents, and coordinating with other trades
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with clients
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and holding a Department of Defense security clearance
- Approximately 10% domestic travel
NIKA is revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture, services all under one roof, we are able to provide unparalleled value to our clients. With nearly two decades of experience serving organizations across the world, NIKA provides exceptional client service that is designed to enhance operational excellence and readiness while meeting mission objectives.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.