design your future.
engineer your success.
Medical Equipment Planner – Ramstein AB, Rhineland-Palatinate, DE
Medical Equipment Planner
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Ramstein AB, Rhineland-Palatinate, DE
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT SME
Are you an experienced medical equipment planner looking to expand your horizons? NIKA has an immediate opening for a Medical Equipment SME to join a project management team assisting in the planning, design, construction, and IO&T of military medical facilities at Ramstein Air Base in Germany! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to live and work in Europe and take advantage of rich history, natural beauty, and modern day attractions that you can explore in your off time.
It’s a big move, but NIKA’s got you covered with moving expenses and a housing allowance, fuel and mobile phone stipends, paid leave, great compensation and benefits, and more!
The ideal candidate will have a proven understanding of healthcare operations and related medical equipment and systems, and be proficient in reading and translating requirements into design/construction/installation documents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associate’s degree accepted with increased experience.
- 7 – 12 years of medical equipment planning and implementation experience.
- Proficiency in DoD criteria and demonstrated experience in preparing medical equipment design layouts and documents (including project room contents lists, infrastructure interface, and technical specifications)
- Expertise related to budgetary and procurement documentation
- Proficiency in executing procurement, delivery, installation, testing, certification, and training related to:
- Free standing & hard wired/plumbed/structurally supported equipment and systems
- Physiological monitoring system(s)/telemetry/nurse charting systems
- Radiology/imaging and diagnostic system(s)
- Laboratory (medical/dental) equipment and casework
- Pharmacy/pharmaceutical equipment and casework
- Respiratory equipment g. Dental equipment and casework
- Physical/occupational therapy equipment
- Water purification and/or treatment systems
- Biomedical/fume/laminar hoods and biosafety cabinets
- Central sterile supply/sterile processing distribution systems
- Surgery and operating equipment and systems.
- Proficiency in the following software applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, MHS Space and Equipment Software (SEPs), and ‘off-the-shelf’ cost estimating software.
- Must be capable of obtaining and holding a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.