design your future.
engineer your success.
Project Manager – Camp Pendleton, CA, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Project Manager to manage and administer a base operations support services contract at Camp Pendleton, CA!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager will serve as the on-site liaison between the contractor and Government representative.
- Perform Project Management, and Project Engineering activities in support of multi-discipline projects under minimal supervision.
- Ensuring assigned projects are completed on time, and within approved scope and budget.
- Maintaining an operations and management plan to manage increases and surges in workload, provide manpower, equipment, materials, and supplies to perform multiple tasks at various locations simultaneously, generate reports, collect cost and maintenance data, maintain facilities history files, maintain regulatory records and archives, and maintain and update the technical libraries.
- Managing Phase-In and Phase-Out of subcontracted services.
- Maintaining effective communication with the Government, sharing knowledge, demonstrating a business-like concern for the client’s interests, and facilitating program integration.
- On-site subcontractor management with respect to work schedules, change order requests, and quality of work; review of subcontractor proposals for cost and schedule impacts prior to submission to the Government.
- Effective and efficient management and leadership of the contracting organization’s resources to meet all specifications and expectations of the contract.
- Ensuring contract performance in accordance with the direction and policies of NIKA.
- The Project Manager should be available on-site within on hour after the Government’s regular working hours.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a workforce providing services on contracts of similar size, scope, and complexity.
- Background and knowledge of the practices, procedures and processes of contracts administration; knowledge of relevant laws, FAR, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing contracts; ability to prepare cost proposals and meet deadlines.
- Have a background in governmental maintenance services; and understand contract operations and functions with an emphasis on US Governmental operations and maintenance type contracts.
- Individual should be familiar with government organization and functions; understand current procurement best practices; able to organize and express ideas through excellent oral and written communications to a wide variety of audiences; and demonstrate an unquestionable sense of integrity, honesty, and loyalty.
- The ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or mechanical engineering, engineering management, public administration or a similar field.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, other MS Office suite products, and MAXIMO are required
- Ability to learn and use company software tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Must maintain all required city/county/state license(s) and/or certification(s), where applicable.
- Registered Professional Engineer license desirable.
- Required to maintain a valid state driver’s license.
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.