design your future.
engineer your success.
Project Manager – El Paso, TX, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: El Paso, TX, US
NIKA is hiring for a Project Manager to provide on-site PM support services for the William Beaumont Army Medical Center at Ft. Bliss, TX!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management or related field preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers input from the facility manager and Regional Command point of contacts (POCs).
- Makes field surveys to investigate existing layouts and conditions, and reports to COR or other appropriate Government officials.
- Ensures conformance with NFPA codes, JCAHO standards, safety standards, and other agency criteria including USACE EM 385-1-1.
- Coordinates with facility infection control officers to insure compliance.
- Coordinates facility safety officers to implement effective safety policies.
- Reports compliance issues to COR or other applicable Government official for action by the Government.
- Monitors construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations to COR for Government action.
- Provides timely coordination with hospital staff to ensure proper reviews and notification of projects and utility outages.
- Must be present at utility outages to provide engineering and contractor support.
- Attends and participates in pre-construction, staff, in-progress-reviews, and other project-related meetings, and provides report to COR or appropriate Government officials.
- Must coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities, Logistics, Med Maintenance, the construction contractor, Regional Facilities staff, DPW PM staff, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff.
- Review workplan/design submittals and provide comments in Dr. Checks/ProjNet, within the allotted timeframe for review.
- Other collateral duties also include the execution of discrete quality assurance functions, as necessary, in support of COR and other appropriate Government officials.
- This support will include but is not limited to:
- Reviewing of scheduled
- Work performance quality
- Safety oversight
- Coordination effectiveness
- Perform documentation reviews for COR for all repair and construction work in progress or in planning stages at above-reference facility
- Participates in final on-site inspections of completed work and makes recommendations to the COR for corrective action, if necessary
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- 5-10 years of Project Management within healthcare facilities and/or federal facilities experience required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health & safety.
Typically requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, keying, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.