design your future.
engineer your success.
Project Manager – Fort Drum, NY, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Fort Drum, NY, US
NIKA is hiring for a Project Manager to provide on-site PM support services for the Guthrie Army Health Clinic (GAHC) at Ft. Drum, NY!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management or related field preferred
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers input from facility departments and evaluates the overall common area requirements.
- Makes field surveys to investigate existing layouts and conditions.
- Ensures conformance with applicable hospital codes and standards, safety standards and other agency criteria.
- Participates in final on-site inspections of completed work along with recommendations for corrective action.
- Coordinates with facility infection control officers to prevent the airborne spread of fungal spores and bacteria that may cause disease in susceptible individuals.
- Monitors construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations to COR for Government action.
- Provides timely coordination with hospital staff to ensure proper reviews and notifications of projects and utility outages.
- Is present at utility outages to provide engineering and contractor support.
- Attends and participates in preconstruction, staff in-progress-review and other project related meetings.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities, Logistics, Med Maintenance, the construction contractor, Regional Facilities staff, DPW PM staff, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting project approval documents.
Job Requirements and Essential skills:
- 5+ years of Project Management within healthcare facilities and/or federal facilities experience required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office suite products required
- Ability to learn and use company software tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.