design your future.
engineer your success.
Project Support – Fort Knox, KY, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Fort Knox, KY, US
NIKA is hiring for a Project Support to provide on-site project support services with the Heath Facility Planning Agency (HFPA) at Fort Knox, KY! This individual will be responsible for providing oversight of construction of military medical research facilities, and of the transition into a new facility as part of a project delivery team.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
- Associates degree or higher education required
- 2-5 years of Project Assistant/Support experience within government facilities and/or healthcare facilities required
- The primary focus of this role is to ensure that the Project Support provides essential support to the project, working with the Project Manager onsite and other team members to achieve project success
- The Project Support will have administrative responsibilities and will assist in a broad spectrum of tasks associated with project execution
- Develops and maintains a filing system for management of project-related correspondence
- Prepares correspondence in accordance with Army regulations
- Copies, distributes, and maintains project records and files
- Develops and maintains a system for proactive tracking and coordination of HFPO responses to project documents including but not limited to design reviews, User Requested Engineering Changes Proposals (ECP’s), Request for Information (RFI’s), and Submittals
- Assists with generating reports, briefings and other correspondence using Power Point, Word, Excel or other software as required
- Assists with the budgeting and execution of the Initial Outfitting and Transition budgets including but not limited to gathering and compiling budget data from various sources and interacting with various project stakeholders to verify schedules and other actions and reconcile this information / data with the PgM/PM or designated representative. Coordinate ordering of supplies and furniture for the project office
- Maintains a shared master calendar for all team members to access and update key events and milestones
- Coordinates conference or meeting rooms to support project meetings synchronized with project stakeholders e.g. USACE, medical facility staff, etc.
- Coordinates and drafts meeting agendas and minutes, and publishes minutes taken at assigned meetings.
- Maintains technical library and correspondence points of contact for HFPO.
- Maintains offices technical correspondence between USACE and other various agencies
- Maintains records, technical publications, drawings, authorization documentation, PFDs, CONOPs, memos, and other documentation related to designated projects
- Archives project material and dispose of material as approved by the PgM/PM or designated representative
- Assists the PgM/PM or designated representative in coordinating, executing and participating in project-related systems reviews
- Assists with coordinating and tracking transition activities e.g. equipment requirements reviews, procurement activities, spaces to faces, facility signage system development, FF&E etc.
- Assist with development and review of project-related staff education requirements facilitating staff transition to the new facility
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using broad conceptual judgement, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office suite products required
- Ability to learn and use company software tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.