design your future.
engineer your success.
Proposal Manager – Rockville, MD, US
Department: Administration/Business Development
Location: Rockville, MD, US
NIKA has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Manager working out of our Rockville, MD office! As a member of our dynamic Marketing and Proposals team, your work will be integral to the success of NIKA’s growth strategy and key pursuits. This growing team is focused on winning and we’re looking for like-minded professionals to grow with us!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks. Our convenient suburban office boasts an on-staff barista, pool table, well-stocked kitchen, free parking, and much more.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Business, Communications or related field.
- Must have 8+ years of federal government Proposal Management experience.
- Industry experience is required – A&E, construction, or Facilities Operations Management.
- Proposal Manager will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Proposals and be responsible for managing the development, coordination, and completion of Request for Proposal (RFP) responses that are compliant and compelling.
- Manage proposal development process from RFP release through production/submission.
- Review and interpret Government solicitation requirements.
- Coordinate resources for proposal development, writing, and production.
- Develop a proposal schedule, RFP-compliant outline, compliance matrix, kickoff briefs, and proposal response material.
- Assist proactively in development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Collaborate with Capture Managers, executives, subject matter experts, and partners to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines.
- Coordinate and Manage responses to Task Orders.
- Harvest appropriate proposal content from previously submitted proposals.
- Edit proposal material for content consistency, compliance and grammatical errors. Format proposal, integrating adjustments from team reviews.
- Lead kickoff meetings, color team reviews and debriefs, and daily status meetings for price and non-price volumes.
- Oversee the development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals.
- Ensure win themes and strategies are expressed in proposal.
- Maintain quality and document version control throughout proposal process.
- Manage proposal production and submission.
- Assist with ongoing improvements for proposal processes, tools, templates, archives, boilerplate material.
- Prepare and complete data calls and RFI/market research responses.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status to Senior Director as appropriate.
- Work closely with NIKA executives, technical professionals, business partners, and others to coordinate business proposal processes including – proposal schedules, proposal writing assignments, graphics support, content reviews/ editing, content compliance reviews, and related services.
- Manage the NIKA corporate proposal library/ online repository and provide configuration management, along with tailored content to proposal writers based on previously written material (i.e., Graphics, Presentations, Executive Summaries, Technical and Management Approaches, Past Performance, Resumes, etc.)
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and performance-based environment.
- Strong ability to manage up; Ability to work independently and interface and coordinate with all involved departments and senior executives;
- Flexible and open to changing schedules and priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills. Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with partners and subcontractors
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities, as well as verbal communications skills.
- Experience in supporting the development of Federal Requests for Proposals including compliant, customer-focused proposal sections.
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially for technical documents – including commensurate expertise with advanced features of MS Word for document design, layout, and formatting; MS PowerPoint, Excel, and others (e.g., Adobe).
- Experience managing a Proposal repository and related materials
- Familiarity with federal government contracting, solicitations, and RFP process is required.
- Familiarity with Government procurement sites such as GovWin, FBO, etc.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Experience with graphics, desktop publishing or related field is desired.
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.