design your future.
engineer your success.
Quality Control Manager – Research Triangle Park , NC, US
Quality Control Manager
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Research Triangle Park , NC, US
NIKA is hiring for a Quality Control Manager (QCM) to implement, manage, and monitor a Quality Control Plan for a facilities maintenance and operations support services contract at Research Triangle Park, North Carolina!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the quality control function on-site on behalf of NIKA
- Oversee and Manage the QC program to provide an effective and efficient means of identifying and correcting problems and continually improving the quality of the work performed
- Shall have full authority and responsibility for assuring performance objectives and standards identified in this contract are met.
- Prepare and submit a Quality Control Plan (QCP) for approval. The QCP shall describe the QMS methodology and approaches used under this contract.
- Manage the QC inspection system, ensure the quality of performance is in accordance with the contract, and maintain files of all QC inspections and corrective action
- Implement corrective action procedures to correct service deficiencies and ensure that they do not recur
- Ensure full compliance with all performance objectives and standards
- Identify work, inspect completed work, issue reports on findings, maintaining files and ensuring the correction and subsequent compliance on any deficiencies
- Ensure that all work is installed per predetermined code
- Document, measure, control, and improve the quality processes
- Develop and implement effective Quality Training Plan and ensure adequate training of all new and existing employees to ensure maximum performance
- Conduct monthly (at a minimum) QC meetings with the Project Manager and QC Specialists.
- Submit Quality Control/Assessment Reports (to the Contracting Officer), to account for each calendar day throughout the life of the Contract
- After normal working hours, the QCM or alternate shall be on call 24/7 and shall be available on-site within one hour after the Government’s request
- Demonstrated success in teaching others quality concepts and requirements
- Experience developing, evaluating and implementing continuous process improvement techniques
- Successful leadership of subcontractors and project teams in support of quality endeavors
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Be a citizen of the United States
- The ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact
- An aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, and Windows
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in quality control reviewing plans and specifications for Task Orders, planned by planning and estimating staff, and performing a final review of the work performed to ensure quality of final product, code compliance, work plan specifications compliance
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of Project Management experience
- Background and knowledge of the practices, procedures and processes of contracts administration; knowledge of relevant laws, FAR, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing contracts
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Must maintain all required city/county/state license(s) and/or certification(s), where applicable.
- Required to maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Six-Sigma and/or ISO certification preferred
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.