design your future.
engineer your success.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant – Rockville, MD, US
Department: Administration/Human Resources
Location: Rockville, MD, US
NIKA has an opportunity for a Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant working out of our NIKA HQ office in Rockville, MD office!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. Our convenient suburban office boasts an on-staff barista, pool table, well-stocked kitchen, free parking, and much more.
- High School Diploma required, higher education preferred
- 3+ years of Receptionist/Administrative experience
- Industry experience is preferred – Architecture and Engineering firm, Construction, Facilities Operations, Government Contracting or related field
- Responsible for performing routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, greet all employee and public entering the office, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping
- Develops and maintains office forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks
- Answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department
- Operates listed office machines as required, such as printer, fax machines, coffee machine, refrigerators, microwaves and toaster
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail
- Sends out FedEx packages and keeps records on the mail and FedEx trail
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material
- Assists public with the use of department facilities
- Maintains office supply inventory; Order office supplies in a timely fashion/make sure not to run out of any item
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Ability to be flexible
- 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
This position typically requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, keying, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, lifting up to 40 lbs, shredding and writing.
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.