design your future.
engineer your success.
Regional Energy Manager – San Antonio, TX, US
Regional Energy Manager
Location: San Antonio, TX, US
REGIONAL ENERGY MANAGER, San Antonio, TX
NIKA is looking for an experienced energy engineer to support regional military medical facilities with energy engineering, energy and water master planning and retro-commissioning.
Based out of our San Antonio, TX office, the ideal individual for this position is not only technically adept, but comfortable in a client facing role. As the liaison between field technicians, analysts, and government representatives, he or she is comfortable working both independently and as part of a cohesive team.
This unique opportunity is a career builder, with the opportunity gain valuable exposure to large military medical facilities across the country.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
Education & Training
- Four-year bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in mechanical/industrial/energy engineering is required.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in analysis of energy and water systems, including controls, lighting, and commissioning-related activities at healthcare facilities
- Expertise in performing technical and financial analysis of energy conservation measures, water conservation measures, and renewable energy measures
- Assisting field team in site investigations related to existing HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, building automation systems, utility meters, sub-metering, software, hardware, and certifications.
- During site investigations, observing operation of existing HVAC, plumbing, domestic water, and selected electrical system operations.
- Consolidating and validating energy and water consumption data and utility bills.
- Working closely with field engineers to evaluate the findings of detailed site investigations.
- Coordinating with data analysts to perform energy analyses.
- Performing design reviews for design projects, including LEED/sustainability.
- Assisting with continuous measurement and verification (M&V) tasks.
- Providing technical assistance to facility managers and assisting them in the development of construction projects.
- Performing benchmarking analyses, including energy and water consumption.
- Developing energy and water master plans, including renewable energy and combined heat and power studies.
- Performing first cost and life cycle cost analysis and renewable energy feasibility studies.
- Tracking energy and utility cost savings associated with energy projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts, both in writing and oral presentations.
- Excellent engineering report writing abilities.
- Proficiency with energy modeling software packages and energy calculations.
- Strong analytical skills related to HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Expertise in reading and manipulating energy and water data in in commercially available database.
- Proficiency with EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager program.
- Position requires up to 25% travel, domestic and international.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, able to obtain security clearance.
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.