design your future.
engineer your success.
Senior Project Manager – Rockville, MD, US
Falls Church, VA, US
Database Sustainment Specialist
Database Sustainment Specialist I
Hurlburt Field AFB, FL, US
Medical Facility Planner
Falls Church, VA, US
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Quality Control Manager (QCM)
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Senior Human Resources Manager
Rockville, MD, US
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Sr. Fire Protection Engineer, P.E.
San Antonio, TX, US
Senior Project Manager
Location: Rockville, MD, US
NIKA’s Engineering business unit is seeking a Project Manager with oversight of several key projects including software development and analytics all in support of facilities and real property management.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established professional service company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining architecture and engineering, enterprise technologies, and facilities operations management services all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development. Our new, state-of-the-art, “green” office is a unique environment that makes you excited to go to work each day.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks. Our convenient suburban office boasts an on-staff barista, pool table, well-stocked kitchen, free parking, and much more.
- Develop and communicate project status to end clients, indicating milestones relating to progress, timeline and scope changes as well as any technical quality issues to all internal parties as well as to the end client.
- Applies SDLC project management expertise and best practices/tools to define and execute:
- Scope, schedule, cost management, resources, issue/risk management, communications, change management, quality, vendor management, and contract management.
- Manage all internal and external project meetings documenting meeting outcomes with action plans, tasks and key decisions
- Customer driven champion able to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Ensures alignment of all project roles and responsibilities and they are articulated to each team member, modified as required, and accomplished throughout the project.
- Provides clear feedback – both routine feedback (ad hoc discussions based on project activities) and formal feedback (reviews at key phases of the project or related to performance evaluations).
- Monitors and measures staff/resource assignment results against project / task goals and accountabilities.
- Develop and maintain effective rapport with current and potential customers and internal and external team members.
- Evaluates managements of projects, emerging methods, industry best practices and lessons learned to develop most current and innovative Project Management practices and standards.
- Educates team members on emerging industry methods, practices and standards as it may relate to project management for the company.
- Provide consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external audiences/stakeholders through a variety of media.
- Ensures accuracy of information to enable effective business decisions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Minimum of 8+ years of project management experience, including experience with government contracting and management of DOD programs.
- Project Management of Software Development or Analytics based projects highly preferred
- Excellent understanding and ability to execute the financial, schedule & scope issues in management of projects
- Ability to run management of multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in different size & complexity of project types
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of JIRA and/or Microsoft Project
- An active/current PMP Certification is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of program management methodologies.
- Works with clients to identify objectives, scope of work and formulate options. Conceptualizes the entire project and establishes key work priorities for the development of design, scheduling and budgeting.
- Develop and maintain project specific schedules and program specific master schedules.
- Track, manage and report on Key Performance Indicators.
- Establish Quality Assurance Standards in order to adhere to client’s expectations with the release of quality construction documents.
- Establish and track project budgets and maintain ongoing profitability, including monthly project reviews with our Business Manager of Professional Services.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with our Unit Director and Professional admin Services to ensure accurate and timely client billings.
- Strong project management skills, production knowledge and a sense of ownership and responsibility for all of the products that are produced by the department.
- Strong project management skills, technical knowledge, and ownership for all of the work produced by your team.
- Professional, ethical, and committed to excellence in communications with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Excellent report writing & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Strong drive and high energy that is action and results oriented
- Strong ability to resolve issues utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills
- Highly motivated to meet project deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills Leadership capability
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in technical field such as information services, engineering or business, administration, or program management.
- Must be eligible for DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Active Public Trust or Secret Clearance highly desired
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.