design your future.
engineer your success.
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) – San Diego, CA, US
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: San Diego, CA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) who will be responsible for the performance of all operations, maintenance, repair, and facility management support tasks and functions at the Naval Medical Center San Diego!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all field construction activities that will allow project completion on schedule and within budget, while conforming to plans and specifications.
- Schedules and directs the work of all company field personnel.
- Orders construction materials to be used onsite by company field personnel.
- Orders all needed rental equipment that will be used onsite by company field personnel.
- Schedules and directs, per plans and specs, the work of all company subcontractors.
- Maintains a construction schedule onsite.
- Schedules all third-party inspections as necessary, if no QCM onsite, throughout the construction process.
- Maintains positive relationships with field crews, contractors, suppliers and owners.
- Enforces and promotes safe work practices for all personnel onsite, per company safety policy.
- Coordinate construction work with owner’s construction representatives.
- Communicate with project design consultants, as needed, throughout construction process.
- Maintain a clean and organized job site, including the construction office.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience as a Site Safety Health Officer.
- Able to demonstrate success as a Superintendent or lead carpenter in terms of good reviews, increasing responsibility and profitable projects.
- Certificate of completion for OSHA 30 class and CPR/First Aid required.
- Certificates of completion for fall protection training required.
- Working experience with NFPA, EPA, TJC, OSHA codes and standards.
- Certificate of Completion for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM-385 safety class desired, but not required.
- Certificate of Completion for Construction Quality Management training.
- OSHPD Certification and or Previous work experience with OSHPD requirements.
- Previous Work Experience in Hospitals / Clinics.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Can demonstrate good communication and organizational skills that are required for govt. design/build projects and for daily interaction with govt. construction management staff.
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.