design your future.
engineer your success.
Space Utilization Support – Fort George, MD, US
Space Utilization Support
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Fort George, MD, US
NIKA is hiring for a Space Utilization Support to provide on-site project support services at Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center (KACC), Ft. Meade, MD!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
This support will include but is not limited to:
- The level of service includes the performance of the specific tasks utilizing the government provided computer with CADD Drawings to address Space Utilization requests and related Project management efforts to support committee approved actions.
- If necessary, the individual should make a site visit to assess site conditions, clarify customer requested objectives, identify infrastructure aspects of the medical facility, and collect data needed to accomplish Space Utilization briefings on an as needed basis.
- Provide monthly workload and performance reports for submission to the Facility Manager and Deputy Commander of Administration.
- Provide a Monthly Activity Report to the Facility Manager that identifies significant accomplishments, current or future problems, and action taken to correct such identified problems, and recommendations for business improvements.
- Provide support to facility management operations with all aspects related to the Space utilization effort for the Ft George G. Meade MEDDAC areas of responsibility, to include typing up monthly meeting agenda’s and meeting minutes.
- Provide support to MTF organizational activities utilizing institutional knowledge to support space management studies/allocation.
- Provide support services to the KACC Facility Management office Division to include, but not limited to, the operation of logistics database to close out PM tasks, perform Q/A on completed PM tasks (on Ft Meade only) identified by the facility, and maintain a “faces to spaces” room inventory consisting of legible floorplan drawings and also a spreadsheet identifying who is occupying each spaces (room #) IAW applicable codes, standards and regulations.
- Provide coordination and support for initial outfitting efforts MEDDAC wide. The contractor shall provide assistance to the Facility Management Division in processing various requests, coordinating and scheduling work, developing and maintaining a library of facility manuals and / manufacturer recommendations and CADD documentation, such as manuals, regulations, and operating instructions in hard copy and electronic format.
- Assist with the development and receipt of approval of standard construction based forms to include but not limited to DA Form 4283s, BOECs, AT/OPSEC, etc.
- Assist in the management of all activities associated with the processing, executing and documentation of all security badges and associated post clearances required for contractor personnel authorized to perform work at Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center (KACC).
- Provide training and technical support to the Facilities Management staff on the use of the plotter.
- Coordinate, oversee and provide technical support with Space Utilization assistance by either conducting on site visits or remotely in an effective manner on an as-required basis to ensure space is used IAW applicable standards at the following sub- installations: Carlisle Barracks, Fort McNair, Fort Myer, Fort Detrick and Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
Travel Requirements: In the execution of required tasks, the individual shall be required to travel from their primary place of duty in order to conduct required services at the following locations & duration.
The Government may also direct travel to other sites needing the services outlined in this SOW or remove sites from this list; duration of site visits will be situationally dependent
LOCATION OF TRIPS
1) Carlisle Barracks, PA – 4
2) Ft. McNair, DC – 4
3) Ft. Myer, VA – 4
4) Ft. Detrick, MD – 4
5) Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD – 4
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 2-5+ years of experience Space Utilization Planning required
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts, both in writing and oral presentations
- Excellent engineering report writing abilities
- Must be a U.S. citizen, able to obtain security clearance
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.