design your future.
engineer your success.
Telecommunications Low Voltage Specialist – Rockville, MD, US
Telecommunications Low Voltage Specialist
Location: Rockville, MD, US
Telecommunications and Low Voltage Specialist
Are you a talented telecom/low voltage specialist open to a 1099 opportunity? If so, keep reading because NIKA has a unique opportunity for you!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post in 2017, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
As part of our Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for supporting the fields of telecommunications, network administration, video surveillance, intrusion protection, or card access on an “as needed” 1099 basis
- Associate degree in Technology, Engineering, Computing, Mathematics or related field required, higher education preferred
- CTNS Certification required (Telecommunications Network Specialist Certification)
- As the technical adviser on low voltage systems programming and configuration such as access control, CCTV, networking and IP-based cameras, work with installation team to ensure that all quality and code requirements are met.
- Act as a liaison between the project team, other trades and customers
- Utilize technology to ensure the job gets done on time, adheres to the blueprints and specifications, and exceeds customer expectations.
- Assist in the planning, development, acquisition, integration, utilization, and/or modification of telecommunications systems, facilities, services, and procedures
- Review and analyze statements of work (SOW) and performance specifications (PS) to ensure completeness, adequate articulation of user’s needs, technical accuracy, and feasibility of service requested.
- Collaborate with all levels of staff to identify, track, address customer equipment needs
- Familiarity with the following systems
- Integrated Audio-Video Systems
- Access Control (photo badging, video surveillance and any other linked systems).
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Elevator Communications
- Fire Detection and Alarm
- Fire Pump Control System
- 5+ years telecommunications experience; infrastructure, network, services, or devices
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak fluently the English language
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills, with the ability to write concise and comprehensive reports and correspondences
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Must be able to travel to Baghdad, Iraq for a 1-week project
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and holding a Department of Defense security clearance
NIKA is revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture, services all under one roof, we are able to provide unparalleled value to our clients. With nearly two decades of experience serving organizations across the world, NIKA provides exceptional client service that is designed to enhance operational excellence and readiness while meeting mission objectives.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.