design your future.
engineer your success.
Transition Manager – South Korea, Gyeongsang, KR
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: South Korea, Gyeongsang, KR
JOB DESCRIPTION – Clinical Transition Support Manager
NIKA Solutions is hiring for a Clinical Transition Manager at ROK Camp Humphreys South Korea, who will be supporting transition operations of 8 medical military construction projects valued at more than $428 million on a 1099 contract basis!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining architecture and engineering, enterprise technologies, and facilities operations management services all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Transition Manager will serve as part of a project management team providing consultation and advice to Government personnel tasked with overseeing the construction and transition of healthcare and medical research facilities
- Advises the commander, and Regional Health Facility Program Manager providing consultation and recommendations to government personnel supporting the transition of Army medical facilities in Korea
- Organize a Transition Plan in conjunction with MEDDAC-K and facility staff
- Developer and maintain a transition timeline and identify required transition tasks
- Monitor progress of the transition plan synchronized with construction and initial outfitting schedules
- Implement operational planning with the development of macro level concept of operations (CONOPS) for those activities that affect the entire facility (Logistics, Ancillary Services, etc). Developer micro level CONOPS that affect individual departments.
- Develop a plan for managing changes to the designed spaces in the new facilities
- Review current/future staffing requirements. Conduct a “faces to spaces” analysis and review for each facility in the Korean medical construction program
- Facilitate the development of a training plan. Conducts staff orientations to the new facilities, equipment and systems (user & maintainer level), communications systems use and what processes are used for various situations (i.e CODE BLUE)
- Facilitate the development of a communication plan (develop a telephone deployment/numbering update and public and updated phone directory)
- Facilitate development of physical security plan between beneficial occupancy date (BOD) and facility operational date (FOD) for each facility in the Korean medical construction program
- Facilitate the development of a key control plan in conjunction with MEDDAC-K Physical Security during the period between BOD and FOO
- Facilitate the development of an interior signage plan in coordination with the HFPA to specifically address the room numbering scheme and its application to other systems (such as fire alarm, DMLSS-FM, etc.)
- Facilitate the development of a facility relocation plan. This plan will address the relocation of equipment and systems (new vs. existing). The relocation plan will involve departmental occupancy sequencing. As part of this process the Transition Manager will develop staff/patient move guides, including newsletters, briefing materials, bulletins, memorandums, and other documents intended to inform and advise the staff on the events
- Facilitate the development of a recycling/waste disposal plan
- 5-10+ years of Transition Management experience within a healthcare and/or medical federal facilities
- Proficient in facility planning, project management, construction management, transition management, total building commissioning, and maintenance
- Familiar with U.S. building codes and standards
- Familiar with DoD and Army Regulations, JCAHO, NFPA, OSHA, ASHRAE, ADA, and other medical standards
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education preferred
- Must be eligible for DoD Security Clearance
- Must have a U.S. Citizenship and be able to relocate to South Korea
NIKA is revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture, services all under one roof, we are able to provide unparalleled value to our clients. With nearly two decades of experience serving organizations across the world, NIKA provides exceptional client service that is designed to enhance operational excellence and readiness while meeting mission objectives.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.