design your future.
engineer your success.
Transportation Dispatcher – San Diego, CA, US
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: San Diego, CA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Transportation Dispatcher to provide on-site support services for the Balboa Naval Medical Center in San Diego, CA!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma required, high education preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides services necessary to perform assigned onsite medical transportation support to assist with contract management assistance in the facilities department
- Maintains vehicle inventory list including cars, vans, trucks, golf carts, ATVs etc., department assignments, time usage and mileage reports and vehicle maintenance reports
- Receives vehicle requests via telephone, writing, and/or electronic means; prioritizes urgency of requests; and assigns vehicles bases upon NMCSD instruction and standard operation procedures
- Issues, receives and inspects vehicles and equipment under the responsibility of the Transportation Division
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar administrative support position. Fleet vehicle management experience is highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record. Candidate must have the ability to parallel park different types of vehicles
- Must have strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Proficient in MS Office suite products required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and use company software tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.