design your future.
engineer your success.
Construction Quality Manager – Portsmouth , VA, US
Construction Quality Manager
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: Portsmouth , VA, US
NIKA is hiring for a Construction Quality Manager to provide on-site project support services at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth in Portsmouth, VA!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining architecture and engineering, enterprise technologies, and facilities operations management services all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
This support will include but is not limited to:
- Perform on-site CQM services at NMCP.
- This support will include but is not limited to: evaluate schedules, work performance quality, safety oversight, coordination effectiveness, and perform documentation reviews for all repair and construction work in progress or in planning stages at above-referenced facilities, and reports to COR or other appropriate Government officials.
- Ensures conformance with NFPA codes, TJC standards, safety standards, and other agency criteria.
- Coordinates with facility infection control officers to insure compliance.
- Coordinates with facility safety officers to implement effective safety policies.
- Reports compliance issues to COR or other applicable Government official for action by the Government.
- Monitors construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations to COR for Government action.
- Review project schedules, logs, reports from construction contractors and assist in the resolution of work coordination problems and report to appropriate Government officials.
- Shall meet, at a minimum, daily with on-site contractors performing construction and adhere to the requirements of all USACE Quality Assurance Engineering Regulations, including but not limited to ER-1180-1-6 and all BUMED guidance on QA reporting.
- Assist in coordinating utility outages and connections, and be present during outages to provide support. Contractor shall work directly with NMCP Project Managers.
- Attends and participates in pre-construction, staff, in-progress-reviews, and other project-related meetings, and provides reports to COR or appropriate Government officials.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities Engineering staff, hospital Operations & Maintenance staff, the BOSC Contractor, the construction contractor, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff.
- Shall be prepared to provide a written weekly report to government officials in order to apprise them of project status, as necessary.
Education and Additional Skills
- Associate’s Degree in related field required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Construction Quality Management experience within medical and/or medical federal facilities
- Must be eligible for DoD security clearance; active Public Trust or higher clearance desired
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.