design your future.
engineer your success.
Project Health Facilities Officer (PHFO) Support – San Antonio, TX, US
Falls Church, VA, US
Construction Quality Manager
Oak Harbor, WA, US
Database Sustainment Specialist
Database Sustainment Specialist I
Hurlburt Field AFB, FL, US
Medical Facility Planner
Falls Church, VA, US
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Quality Control Manager (QCM)
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Senior Human Resources Manager
Rockville, MD, US
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Camp Lejeune, NC, US
Sr. Fire Protection Engineer, P.E.
San Antonio, TX, US
Project Health Facilities Officer (PHFO) Support
Department: Facilities Operations Management
Location: San Antonio, TX, US
NIKA is hiring for a Project Health Facilities Officer to provide support with coordination of various aspects of programs at the Air Force Medical Support Agency in San Antonio, TX!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
· Associate degree in Project Management, Construction Management or related field preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in developing Master/Facility Plans for MTF long range forecast and assist in providing information for others to secure funding for planned construction and major renovation projects.
- Prepare and maintain a set of documents and metric to accomplish MILCON and Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization management process goals and objectives.
- Conduct coordination by assisting in leading installation tasks with mission planning members and stakeholders including but not limited to; Base Civil Engineering, Fire Department, Environmental, Security Forces, Base Communications, etc.
- Assist in Phasing Plan Development/Review, which includes executing plans through a comprehensive coordination and communication plan to ensure necessary project documents such as development and production schedules, engineering change proposals, design studies, etc. are implemented.
- Assist with review of existing or contractor provided Environmental documents (asbestos, lead-based paint, mold) and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Assist with performing and coordinating validation with project stakeholders to ensure that designs are in compliance with project objectives for Environmental remediation efforts.
- Assist with performing and coordinating validation to ensure that designs are meeting Sustainable goals in accordance with the LEED rating system and the certification process.
- Assist with performing and coordinating checks to ensure that designs are in compliance with project objectives and codes, criteria and standards within established timeframes.
- Conduct Quality reviews that exercise judgment and initiative in providing others information and prescriptive actions to constructively influence program and technical management decisions and meet user requirements.
- Gather data and information to assist AFMSA with change order/modification
- Development and closely coordinating with Group Representatives and senior leadership to ensure customer issues are addressed.
- Observe and report on particular phases of planning, design, and construction or problem.
- Provide assistance on unforeseen problems or questions during construction to ensure that they are addressed by the appropriate personnel and resolved in a timely manner.
- Review construction contract documents as requested.
- Assist with project status and coordination efforts, including witnessing key project milestones.
- Observe and report construction contractor compliance with field test procedures for specialized mechanical, electrical, medical gas, and electronic systems.
- Assist with coordination of any issues with proper SMEs from AFMSA, AFCEC, DHA, MTF.
- Report all requests from the construction contractor which may impact; schedule, scope, budget, and/or performance.
- Assist with ensuring accuracy and completeness of project documents.
- Assist functional representatives in a project focus team to obtain a desired outcome.
- Present briefings and information in a professional manner which demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the specific project(s) and/or program(s).
- Assist AFMSA in coordinating the transition of personnel and organizations to/from newly constructed or renovated facilities.
- Assist in ensuring all necessary coordination and management needed to transition to a new/renovated facility are completed in a timely manner.
- Review and provide input on SRM and IO project submittals for AFMSA, provide technical input of contractor submittals, and submit findings to the USACE or other applicable agent through the ProjNet or other required program.
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- 5+ years of Project Assistance experience preferably within healthcare facilities and/or federal facilities
- Be able to travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations up to 30 trips
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office suite products required
- Ability to learn and use company software tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.